· Receive your tax returns securely without the need to setup an account
· Accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone, or tablet
· Electronically sign your federal and state e-file authorizations (8879), no printing or mailing necessary
· Receive payment reminder e-mails
· Download a copy of your tax return
· For businesses, conveniently distribute your K-1s electronically
1. You’ll receive an email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add these email addresses to your safe senders list.
2. Fechter & Company will be indicated in the email.
3. This email will contain a safe link for you to access your tax return.
4. You’ll be prompted to enter the last four digits of your SSN or EIN in order to review your return.
5. Then, SafeSend will email you an access code to further verify your identity. Check your spam or junk folders if you don’t see it in your inbox. You must enter the code within 10 minutes of receipt. If the code isn’t entered within 10 minutes, you can request another.
6. When you’re ready to sign your e-file authorization form(s), you’ll be asked three simple questions to verify your identity. *Note: This step is for 1040 clients only and is required by the Internal Revenue Service
7. If you are filing jointly, SafeSend will ask you to type in the email address of your spouse. They will then receive email notification to access SafeSend and sign the e-file authorization form(s). *Note: This step is for 1040 clients only.
8. If the return includes K-1s to be distributed, you have the option of emailing K-1s to the recipients. Simply enter their email address. *Note: This step is for 1041 and 1065/1120 clients only.
9. Once you’ve signed the e-file authorization form(s), Fechter & Company will be automatically notified and will complete the rest of the e-file process.
Yes. Email notifications will be sent from Fechter & Company at email@example.com. To prevent the email from getting filtered to spam/junk, we recommend adding these email addresses to your safe list.
Yes. SafeSend Returns offers a secure system to view and sign your e-file authorization form(s). Look for https:// at the beginning of the site URL and a locked padlock symbol in your browser’s URL bar to confirm you are on the secure site.
Check your spam/junk email folder. If you do not receive your code within the 20-minute time limit, please request another. You might also search your email for firstname.lastname@example.org. Some emails hide junk items very well.
The questions SafeSend Returns asks are knowledge-based questions pulled from government and credit sources. You may be asked questions such as where you lived in a given year, or when you bought your car or home. In the event the questions do not apply to you, simply choose the answer that accurately reflects this. If you don’t remember the answers to the questions, or you answer incorrectly, you won't be able to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s). You can instead print, sign and return your e-file authorization form(s) to Fechter & Company.
Acquiring these questions does not affect your credit score in anyway (it is not a soft-hit).
This process can be completed on any computer, smart phone or tablet via a web browser. There is currently no SafeSend Returns app available.
Yes. If you’re using a smartphone or tablet, you may not be able to download and print your return, but you'll be able to review and e-sign it. You can always download and print your return from a computer at a later date.
SafeSend Returns allows you to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s), but it won't submit your return to the IRS. Once signed, Fechter & Company staff is automatically notified, and will then complete the filing process for you, including submission to the IRS.
The spouse with the primary email address will first receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and then enter an email address for the second spouse. The second spouse will then receive the email link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. Once the second spouse electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s), Fechter & Company staff will be notified that signing is complete.
If a couple shares an email address, the primary signer will first receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. After the primary signer signs the e-file authorization form(s), he/she can then enter the shared email address again. A new link will be sent with identity verification questions specific to the second spouse.
Fechter & Company will deliver your dependent’s return using SafeSend Returns. However, most dependents may not have sufficient government and financial data available to successfully complete the electronic signature process. Therefore, Fechter & Company will generally deliver those returns in a manner set up for manual signature. The intended forms will require you to return it either through SafeSend Returns, via email to AStirrat@FechterCPA.com, or fax it back at (916) 333-5370 to Fechter & Company.
Yes - You can still print, sign and mail your e-file form(s) back to Fechter & Company if you’d prefer to do so.
Yes! Once you sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will receive an email stating it was successful. The email will also include a link to download a copy of your tax return for your records.
If estimated payments are included in your review copy, you will automatically receive an email reminder 7 days before your payment is due.
If your return is electronically filed to the IRS, the only items you may need to print and mail out to government authorities are the tax and estimate payment vouchers. You will also be provided options to make tax payments electronically if you prefer not to mail payments.
Yes! We will return your source documents in the mail. If you wish to opt-in to have your source documents returned electronically in a pdf, please call our office and let us know. If you wish to pick up your source documents instead of mailing, call our office and we’ll have them ready for you to pick up.
Laurie Bellini at L.Bellini@FechterCPA.com
Alexis Stirrat at AStirrat@FechterCPA.com
or call us at (916) 333-5360.